At Heaven's Best Carpet Cleaning of Birmingham, we want your carpet to look its best 365 days of the year. That's why we're sharing these Top 10 Carpet Care Tips for Birmingham, AL residents, to help you maintain your carpet until our next visit. Following these tips will not only help to keep your carpet looking its best, but it will help to extend the life of your carpet and increase the amount of time between regular, Professional Carpet Cleanings.
- Vacuum regularly – We can’t stress this one enough. Try to vacuum heavy traffic areas 2 to 3 times a week, and the rest of your carpet at least once a week. Vacuuming is the number 1 best thing you can do to extend the life of your carpet. Also, place welcome mats at all doors coming in from the outside to reduce the amount of dirt that enters your home.
- Act quickly to blot up Spots - To prevent permanent damage when a stain or spot occurs, act immediately. The best thing you can do is to wipe up any spot with a clean towel or paper towels as quickly as possible. Usually, if you wipe quickly you can absorb much of the stain before it has time to set in.
- Use a Spot Remover - Then, us a simple spot remover such as Heaven's Best Spot Remover to treat more difficult spots. If you don’t have Heaven’s Best Spot Remover, ask for a FREE Bottle when we come out to clean your carpets. Or, make your own spot remover by mixing ¼ teaspoon bleach-free liquid detergent with 1 cup cold water.
- Test Spot Remover first - If you are using a new spot removal product, remember to test it in an inconspicuous area of your carpet first. Nothing could be worse than getting a small spot and spraying on a product that bleaches out your carpet and it is right “smack dab” in the middle of the room.
- Be Careful with colorful Area Rugs - Test area rugs for color fastness before placing them over your carpet. Some rugs may bleed their colors, and can dye the carpet underneath. Also, be careful with other items you put on carpet that can bleed such as cloth chairs or doggie beds.
- Vacuum under Area Rugs - Vacuum under area rugs periodically. This removes any loose dirt that may be trapped between the rug and your carpet.
- Schedule a Professional Carpet Cleaning – Have your carpets professionally cleaned at least once a year; more often if you have pets or kids.
- Schedule a Professional Upholstery Cleaning - Clean your upholstery/furniture at the same time you have your carpets cleaned. A professional cleaning gets rid of the everyday dirt and soil.
- Re-apply Scotchguard - Make sure to use a protectant finishing spray such as "Scotch Guard" to keep your carpet and upholstery looking cleaner for a much longer period of time after each professional cleaning. We can provide this service for you.
- Change the layout of your Room – Occasionally rearrange the furniture in your rooms so that you minimize one dark traffic lane.
Heaven's Best Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning offers all of these great services: Carpet Cleaning, Upholstery Cleaning, Mattress Cleaning, Area Rug Cleaning, Tile and Grout Cleaning, Pet Stains and Odors, Odor Control, Disinfectants, Hardwood Floor Cleaning and Polishing, VCT Tile Stripping and Waxing and Environmentally Friendly Green Cleaning Solutions. Heaven's Best Carpet Cleaning is happy to provide our Carpet, Upholstery and Floor Cleaning Services to all of the Greater Birmingham, AL metro areas including all of Jefferson and Shelby counties in Alabama. Try these Top 10 Carpet Care Tips at your residence in Birmingham, AL, and you will extend the life of your carpets and lengthen the time before you need to replace your carpets. Call Heaven’s Best at (205) 618-9150 to schedule a Professional Carpet or Upholstery Cleaning today.